Focusing initially on wilderness survival, you will progress to mechanical energy for early automation and ultimately learn to harness electrical energy. Different tiers of metals are scattered through the world, and may require unique methods to obtain.
An optional quest book is provided to explain gameplay changes, and to nudge the player in the right direction if they're stuck.
Homestead offers unique mod interactions so the pack feels more cohesive, and less like a "kitchen sink". A custom nutrition system was also written to encourage dietary variety in a realistic setting.
This is a difficult pack, and experience with modded Minecraft is suggested. There are very few "magic blocks"; instead you are provided the tools to assemble and automate your own creations.
Homestead was designed to work as a base for new survival-focused packs. It remains compatible with much of the existing mod ecosystem, and dropping in new mods should work without requiring configuration. Of course, this will affect game balance.
Existing worlds will not automatically receive quest changes on pack updates. On clients, you can run "/bq_admin default load" to update existing worlds. On servers, please copy the file /config/betterquesting/DefaultQuests.json over /world/betterquesting/QuestDatabase.json.
Screenshots and source files for Homestead are available on GitHub. Please use the issue tracker to report any problems.
There have been 3,621 server installs of this pack.
Players have played a total of 28.13 years of this pack.
Advanced Chimneys (1.10.2-126.96.36.199)
Adds chimney pipes through which smoke from a fire or furnace goes up into the a...
Immersive and realistic animals in Minecraft, with improved models, textures, an...
By: RazzleberryFox, Purplicious_Cow, cy4n, MrTschipp, ZeAmateis, Timmypote, vr...
Antique Atlas (4.4.6)
Antique Atlas is a book that acts like a map featuring infinite scrolling, zoom...
An API for modifying the food and hunger mechanics of Minecraft
Adds various food-related HUD improvements
Distinguished architectural features for your Minecraft buildings.
By: Greg Ewing
This is basically a library used by most my other mods.
By: Aroma1997, Schillaa
This is a small Backup mod I created. All it does: Backups. It also works on cli...
Astral Sorcery (1.4.5)
Magic mod that draws power from stars and their constellations
By: HellFirePvP, wiiv
Automatically item, block, and model registration for mods.
More bags? More bags!
By: LordDusk, AKTheKnight
Bed Bugs (1.10.2-1.1.6)
Adds a button and command to leave the bed/server when stuck!
Better Achievements (0.3.3)
An improvement to the Achievementscreen
Better Foliage (2.1.11)
Leafier leaves and grassier grass
By: octarine-noise (code), Meringue (textures)
Better Questing (2.3.234)
A new and improved questing mod for Minecraft pack creators
Better Questing Triggerer mod.
Better With Mods (0.14.23 Beta)
Your one-stop shop for mechanical power and sadism.
BiblioCraft adds fancy storage containers including bookcases, armor stands, pot...
By: Joseph 'Nuchaz' Sinclair
Big Doors (1.10.2-1.3.0)
Larger 3x3 block double doors in the 6 vanilla wood styles.
Bird's Nests (1.5.1)
adds a pseudo-random reward event from chopping trees.
Adds the bloodmoon from terraria to minecraft
Adds a blurry background when viewing GUIs
It's a boatifull life!
Adds a few early game items based on baking clay
Charcoal Pit (1.4)
Free shape multiblocks for charcoal and coke production
Chisels & Bits (12.17)
a mod about Sculpting, Decorating and Aesthetics
Falling logs and leaves when chopping
Compatibility layer to make migrating between different vanilla/forge versions e...
Gives people more Control of the key binding screen.
Cooking for Blockheads (4.2.45)
Adds a cooking book and multiblock kitchens that only shows recipes you can make...
Coral Reef (188.8.131.52)
Nandonalt's Coral Reef mod updated for Minecraft 1.10.2 and above.
By: primetoxinz, Nandonalt
Crafting Tweaks (6.1.16)
Allows you to rotate or clear the crafting matrix by the press of a button, in a...
CraftStudio API (0.3.0)
A CraftStudio API for models/animations support in Minecraft
By: ZeAmateis, Timmypote, Elisee, IncubeSupreme
CraftTweaker Scripts (13)
CraftTweaker scripts which modify crafting recipes and other pack functionality.
Resources required for Homestead to function.
Custom Main Menu (2.0.5)
Allows you to edit the mainmenu using json
Default World Generator (1.9.4-0.4)
A small mod to automatically select the default world generator for both single...
By: EzTerry, FireBall1725
Double Jump (1.0.0)
Adds a enchantment to your shoes, which lets you jump another time in the air.
Dynamic Surroundings (1.10.2-184.108.40.206)
Adds a variety of sound and visual effects to improve your Minecraft experience
By: OreCruncher, Abastro
Edible Bugs Mod (ediblebugs-MC1.10.02_EB220.127.116.119.jar)
Expanding your culinary experience
Enchantment Descriptions (1.10.2-18.104.22.168)
Shows information about enchantments on enchantment books.
Enhanced Visuals (1.1.0)
Experience realism and extra video effects for your in-game experience.
By: Sonicjumper, CreativeMD
Expanded Industry (1.1.0b)
Adds a handful of broadly useful tools for basic industry.
Extra Alchemy (0.3.4-release)
An expansion on vanilla alchemy
Fairy Lights (2.1.3)
Adds fairy lights and other decorations to Minecraft
Farming for Blockheads (1.1.16)
Adds a seed market with a search bar and a scrolling grid.
A Scala API for Minecraft mods.
Flint Instead of Wood (7.5)
Simple replacement of wooden tools with flint counterparts. It makes more sense!
Questionable "performance improvements" that are not in Forge for probably very...
Forge Endertech (1.10.2-22.214.171.124)
Contains all shared classes for Endertech mods
Grappling hook mod (1.10.2-v10)
A mod which adds grappling hooks
Hard Mode Tweaks (1.10-1.2.2)
Hardcore Darkness (1.8)
Removes the minimum light that's always present in minecraft.
Library Core for Reasonable Realism
Harvest Tweaks (1.10.2-0.1.3)
A small mod that allows to customize harvest levels
Homestead Companion (1.10.2-1.6)
An addon mod to bridge compatibility in the Homestead modpack.
By: Wes Cook
How 'Bout That Furniture (1.1.3)
Adds multiple different types to Minecraft such as tables, chairs, doorbells, an...
Hunger Overhaul (1.1.0.jenkins118)
Hunger mechanics overhauled
By: iguana_man, Parker8283, progwml6, squeek502
Immersive Craft (1.1x-1.3.6)
Immersive Engineering (0.10-61)
A retro-futuristic tech mod!
By: BluSunrize, Damien A.W. Hazard
Immersive Petroleum (1.1.3)
Adds oil and oil processing features to Immersive Engineering.
Library mod for InfinityRaider's mods
Iron Chest (126.96.36.1994)
New chests with larger sizes, with in-place upgrade items. The feature chest is...
Item Scroller (0.11.0)
Move items in inventory GUIs by scrolling the mouse wheel over slots with items...
Item Zoom (1.4)
Shows a big version of the item you hover over.
This is a framework that I mostly use in my own mods, for shared functionality.
Library used by zabi94's mods to run cross version. Inspired by McJty's compatla...
Just a Few Fish (1.5.3_for_1.10.2)
Adds a few fish, to go along with the vanilla items!
Just Enough Items (188.8.131.520)
Simple recipe and item helper.
Allows holding shift to only break one half of a double slab.
Literal Ascension (1.10.2-184.108.40.206)
Adds intuitive solutions for vertical mobility.
The lightweight Minecraft modding library
Login Shield (1.10.2-25-g2a63586)
protects users from taking damage between when they login and they can start int...
An addon for CraftTweaker that allows modification of loot tables
A collection of utilities for Lunatrius' mods.
MalisisCore is a framework dedicated to simplify many processes required during...
By: Ordinastie, PaleoCrafter
Shared code for Slime Knights mods and others.
By: boni, progWML6, Alexbegt
A universal multipart API for modern Minecraft
Minecraft Forge (220.127.116.111)
Mod loader required for all mods.
MineTweaker 3 (1.10.2-3.0.26)
Customize your minecraft experience!
By: Stan Hebben
If you think that Minecraft characters could be more realistic, instead of stead...
Mod Name Tooltip (1.6.0)
Show the ItemStack's mod on its tooltip.
Mod Tweaker (2.0.13)
ModTweaker is an addon for CraftTweaker, a recipe manipulator utility for Minecr...
By: Jaredlll08, SnowShock35
Allows any number of default configuration option files to be generated, without...
Adds some overlays from NEI (Mob spawns, Chunk Bounds, Item Search)
Morpheus is a server-only mod that adds sleep voting to a forge based server. Wh...
Mowzie's Mobs (1.3.2)
Mowzie's Mobs adds a variety of high-quality fantasy creatures to your Minecraft...
By: BobMowzie, pau101, iLexiconn
Library files for Minetweaker Addons
MTQ fix (1.10.2-1.0.0)
Disables 'Moving Too Quickly' and 'Moved Wrongly' SMP features
MML Music for all occasions
Nature's Compass (1.10.2-1.3.1)
Search for a biome and get information about it.
Minimalistic Functional Unit Plates for the modern Minecrafter
Ensures correct destinations when travelling back and forth through Nether Porta...
Nomadic Tents (7.01)
Pocket dimensions -- set up your tent and keep everything in it!
Nutrition is a highly configurable mod to enable the creation of health systems...
By: Wes Cook
Open Glider (1.10.2-1.0.0)
Resources which enhance Homestead, but are not required.
Pam's HarvestCraft (1.9.4-1.10.2g)
Expanding minecraft's food system.
By: Pamela Collins
Passable Leaves (18.104.22.168)
Minecraft core mod that makes leaves passable.
By: Team RTG
Performance: Optifine (1.10.2_HD_U_E7)
Client-side optimizations and rendering features. Highly reccommended for dynam...
Pumpkin Carving (1.0)
Carve pumpkin faces! Grow pumpkins without faces.
By: Vazkii, wiiv
Redefine your rails
Realistic Terrain Generation (22.214.171.124)
Adds a new world type which generates realistic terrain for Overworld biomes.
By: Team RTG
Realistic Torches (1.6.4)
Increases the difficulty of the early game by adding realism mechanics to torche...
A Mod to renew your Session
Recurrent Complex (1.4.5-1.10)
Adds structures to worldgen, handles exporting and importing structures, and pro...
Redstone Paste (mc1.9.4-1.7.4)
Adds a paste form of redstone, which can stick to various surfaces.
Resource Loader (1.5.1)
Allows mod pack creators / users to add their own custom textures to minecrafts...
Rockhounding Mod: Core (1.10.2-1.11)
This mod contains the common class for all the Rockhounding modules.
Rockhounding: Surface (1.10.2-1.26)
A collection of feature wrapped around nature and geology resources. It includes...
Rope Bridge (1.10.2-2.1.0)
A mod that adds rope bridges to Minecraft. Craft the grappling gun and shoot it...
By: Cazsius, Lewis_McReu, Darkhax, EwyBoy
Rough Mobs (1.0)
Small mod which makes some vanilla mobs significantly harder
A simple decoration mod
Shadowfacts' Forgelin (1.5.1)
Kotlin helper library for Forge.
Core set of files needed by ShetiPhians mods
Mod that adds OpenTTD/Factorio style signaling and more!
Simple Inventory sorting (0.11.0+47)
Simple inventory sorting. Middle click to sort your inventory. Scroll wheel on a...
Drink Water With Your Hands! TAN Integration
Sophisticated Wolves (126.96.36.199)
Improves wolves through gameplay tweaks, AI improvements, and new features.
Sound Filters (0.9_for_1.9.4)
Adds reveb to caves, as well as muted sounds underwater/in lava, and behind wall...
Stack entities into groups to decrease lag.
Place any ingot on the ground to create a pile!
By: Madxmike856, primetoxinz
Standard Expansion (2.3.131)
Contains all the standard tasks, rewards, importers and themes for Better Questi...
Steve's Carts 2 (188.8.131.52)
A carttastic mod adding a near infinite number of carts possible to the game, th...
This mod introduces real flowing rivers, with a true current, to your Minecraft...
Recurrent Complex structures.
Fruit Trees/Vines/Plants, Cloud Blocks, Flowers, Doodads, Pergola, Tools
The One Probe (1.1x-1.4.19)
A Probe to rule them all!
The Weirding Gadget (1.0.2)
No idea what this does, but stuff happens when I'm not here.
By: AtomicBlom, Rorax
Tinkers' Construct (2.6.5)
A little of this, a little of that, a lot of tinkering, and a lot of tools
By: boni, KnightMiner
Totem Poles? Totem Poles!
By: Pokefenn, ljfa
Tough As Nails (1.1.1)
Adds survival features to increase difficulty and realism, including thirst, bod...
By: Adubbz, Forstride
Tumbleweeds spawn around dead bushes in deserts. They drop random goodies upon d...
Underground Biomes (1.0.v.18)
24 different kinds of stones with slabs, stairs, walls, and buttons
Underground Ocean (1.1.0_develop_a69b2f0_alpha)
Small mod that adds large caverns filled with water to world generation.
Small tweaks and features added to Minecraft.
Vanilla Automation (1.10.2-1.6)
Adding tweaks to existing blocks.
Village Box (1.10.2-0.6.0)
Will add later
By: ckhbox & wilusy
Waddles adds somewhat realistic Adélie penguins that waddle
A decorative mod that adds thousands of new building blocks.
By: oliviaoliviasson, AarronMc, TheRealForceX
Water Strainer (1.9.4-1.4.2)
Adds water strainers to filter water for common resources.
Watering Cans (1.10.2-1.1.2)
Wonderful watering cans! Adds new watering cans to help farm crops, or quickly...
By: Wes Cook
Wearable Backpacks (1.7.0)
Minecraft mod which adds beautiful, balanced backpacks
By: copygirl, asiekierka
Winter WonderLand (1.2.2)
Who doesn't like waking up to a field of deep snow outside their window?
Wolf Armor and Storage (wolfarmor-184.108.40.206.jar)
Adds armors and storage for wolves!
Resource pack files required for WTFExpedition. These would be generated automa...
WTF's Expedition, forked for the Homestead modpack to address a block placement...
By: WhiskyTangoFox, Wes Cook
Projectile melee weapons!
- Disabled morning fog
- Updated Pig quest to use a checkbox instead of entity detection. This was required as Animania Pigs do not inherit from their vanilla counterpart, and there was no easy way to detect all sub-types.
- Leaves now have some resistance, slowing movement and falls
- Startup noise will consistently play XP chime
- Corrected crash caused by Animania sheep
- Updated player footprint style
- Tree felling is now more directional as ChopDown replaced TimberJack
- Sound Filters has replaced Sound Physics due to conflict with Dynamic Surroundings
- Sound engine crashes should be resolved with an update from Dynamic Surroundings
- Fixed Slop iron duplication again
- Fixed Market block recipe
- Resolved crash caused by Animania salt licks and troughs
- Sheep and goat milk can be used for slop
- Slightly increased distance between villages
- Halved feather drop rates from chickens
- Integrated Projector into quest tree
- Restored Compost Bin
- Crusher can now process ardite and cobalt (into nuggets)
- Removed Railcraft plates oredict to clarify recipes
- Updated Vanilla Automation to resolve desync bug with redstone clocks
- Disabled Compost Bin due to crashes
- Rolled back Dynamic Surroundings to restore footstep sounds
- Animal quests won't trigger completion until revealed
- Many artificial blocks are no longer affected by gravity
- Resolved "format error" in Nutrition quest
- Converted Mowzie's Mobs sounds to mono to fix positional audio and volume levels
- Sheep and Goats have been added
- Vanilla sheep will be transformed into Animania variants upon updating
- Quests have been updated to support the new animals
- Minor quest icon and layout changes
- Updated recipes that required vanilla fishing rods
- Ground Traps now require cut leather
- Fixed metal duplication glitch
- Enhanced Visuals mod has been disabled by default
- Increased challenger mob rarity
- Ores have been rebalanced. Copper and iron are more common, while gold is reduced.
- Resolved harvest level tool exploit
- Bagginses bags now properly accept modded items
- Antique Atlas now shows minimap when placed anywhere in the hotbar
- Coal dust can now be created more efficiently in a grinder
- Kitchen structures no longer require stained clay
- Buffed most VillageBox quest rewards
- VillageBox bankers now trade in foreign currency (emeralds)
- VillageBox villagers now require their own homes
- Snow now accumulates during snowfall
- New quest to explain The One Probe
- New quest for Medicine Bag
- Minor quest wording changes
- Astral sorcery marble generation has been disabled
- Water bucket yields 4 salt per craft
- Fridge recipe requires less iron
- Planks, fences, and scaffolding are no longer affected by gravity
- Better With Mods-0.14.25-1.10.2.jar
- Corrected bucket dupe bug
- Corrected iron ingot display bug in JEI
- Fixed leaves being unbreakable with fists
- Reverted HarvestTweaks changes
- Fixed dirt/sand being unbreakable with fists
- Refined Relocation has been removed as it caused item loss. Please move any items out of Refined Relocation chests before this update.
- Resolved single player crash caused by hopping frogs (again)
- Fixed painting and item frame duplication bug
- Fixed leather strips duplication bug
- Minor quest description and layout changes
- Water can now be drank directly from deep water sources
- Fish are now physical entities, and fishing mechanics have been revamped
- Underwater creatures have lost their nameplates
- Updated market block with advanced version that supports search
- Path block recipe has been made much cheaper
- Increased breaking speed of most stone types
- Reduced some console spam
- Better With Mods-0.14.3-1.10.2.jar
- Resolved single player crash caused by hopping frogs
- Minor quest wording changes
- Saddle quest is now a retrieval quest, not a crafting quest
- Fixed detection of Steve's Carts quest items
- Cooking For Blockheads Sink functionality restored
- Booster Rockets mod removed due to server-side exploit
- Forked WTF's Expedition to allow placement of ore blocks, as required for Astral Sorcery's progression
- Terraqueous plants no longer require shears to harvest
- Harvestcraft market and shipping bin now only accept crops
- Changed default darkness indicator method to Dynamic Surroundings
- Mobs will now rarely spawn with backpacks containing loot
- Added tooltips to explain rock types
- Added all smoothies to ore dictionary to fix Delighted Meal recipe
- Decreased water strainer lifespan by 25%
- Reduced stick drop chance from leaves
- Thatch is no longer affected by gravity
- Engineering blocks have been made significantly cheaper
- Iron Chests resource cost has been reduced by half
- Rock Paths are now crafted with rocks, not cobble
- White Candles now give 4x per craft
- Enabled Piggybackpack as late-game item
- Nuggets can now be melted into ingots using a stoked crucible
- Rebalanced and corrected some VillageBox trades
- Smoldering torches can now be relit on the ground
- Increased frequency of slime islands
- Increased frequency of dungeons, ravines, and underground pools
- Increased frequency of many ore types
- Cave density has been increased
- Decreased frequency of ancient shrines
Chunk boundaries will not be created
- Atlas quest changed from Bibliocraft to Antique Atlas
- Tanning quest now requires bark instead of iron knife
- Updated charcoal filter recipe
- Water buckets now yield four Fresh Water per craft
- Regular torch recipe now yields six torches per craft instead of one
- Hang glider cost has been reduced
- Increased watering can speed by 25%
- Hardened leather has been renamed to studded leather
- Hardened leather is now accepted for Combat quest
- All metal armors are now accepted for Advanced Combat quest
- Food tooltip method changed to now show correct values
- Fixing lemon food names from Harvestcraft
- Correcting VillageBox bankers again
- Slightly increased length of day/night cycle
- Unlit torches in your hand can now be relit on torches in the world
- Dirty water can now be converted directly to clean water using a lit campfire
- Lit Torches now last four hours, instead of one
- Nutrition system has been corrected and reintroduced
- Changed Coke Brick recipe to require Charcoal
- Made some informational quests available earlier
- Minor quest text updates
- Obsidian is no longer affected by gravity
- Storage Crates are no longer affected by gravity, resolving an item loss bug
- Slightly increased rate of zombie and skeleton boss mobs
- Decreased rate of challenger mobs
- Wither boss no longer spawns additional skeletons
- Fixed clay bucket > water exploit
- Neat HUD no longer displays above players
- Slightly reduced bug drop rate from sand
- Added silver>bronze trade to VillageBox Banker
- Changed F7 light overlay to better function on servers
- Removed nutrition from slime products
- Records can now be broken down into gold nuggets
- Broken Gearboxes can now be broken down into gears